- Do I Need a Breastfeeding Pillow?
- What it's Really Like...to have hypothyroidism when you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- How Soon Before Having My Baby Can I Start Eating Lactation Cookies?
- World Breastfeeding Week | Kelly Northey | Yummy Mummy Food Company
- What it's Really Like...for a mother and baby with a Candida Infection.
World Breastfeeding Week Story | Nicole Baker | Early Childhood Sleep Consultant
I have always wanted to be a mum
and the thought of breastfeeding was very exciting when I fell pregnant with my
After a complicated pregnancy with ongoing issues post birth, breastfeeding was difficult to establish and this was really upsetting for me. The perceived notion that it comes naturally and therefore should be easy weighed on me heavily.
With support of a lactation consultant, I managed to establish breastfeeding successfully.
With my next 2 children, I used the skills I had learnt my first time around and was able to establish breastfeeding easily which was a great relief. I really enjoyed breastfeeding but have a great understanding of the pressure it can put on mum, especially from general society opinions.
By NICOLE BAKER
Certified Infant and Child Sleep Consultant at Early Childhood Sleep Consultants.