Lactation Tea - a Coeliac Disease Friendly Breastfeeding Support Option
What is Coeliac Disease?
Coeliac disease can have a variety of symptoms which can also vary a lot from person to person.
While some people experience severe symptoms, others can have no obvious symptoms at all.
Symptoms can include one or more of the following:
- gastrointestinal symptoms e.g. diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, cramping, bloating, abdominal pain, steatorrhea
- fatigue, weakness and lethargy
- iron deficiency anaemia and/or other vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- failure to thrive or delayed puberty in children
- weight loss (although some people may gain weight)
- bone and joint pains
- recurrent mouth ulcers and/or swelling of mouth or tongue
- altered mental alertness and irritability
- skin rashes such as dermatitis herpetiformis
- easy bruising of the skin
People who experience any of the following should also be screened for coeliac disease
- early onset osteoporosis
- unexplained infertility
- family history of coeliac disease
- liver disease
- autoimmune disease e.g. type 1 diabetes, autoimmune thyroid condition
How to Treat Coeliac Disease
Coeliac disease is treated with a strict gluten free diet that leads to small bowel healing, resolution of symptoms and a reduction in the long-term risk of these complications.
Although symptoms can vary considerably in coeliac disease, everybody with the condition is at risk of complications if they do not adhere strictly to treatment with a gluten free diet. There is no correlation between symptoms and bowel damage so even if you are asymptomatic (you have no obvious symptoms), damage to the small bowel can still occur if gluten is ingested. This means everybody with coeliac disease, irrespective of the severity of their symptoms, needs to adhere strictly to a gluten free diet.
Lactation Tea as a Coeliac Disease Friendly Breastfeeding Support Option
We have a lot of customers with Coeliac Disease, who require a truly gluten free lactation support product to help them increase their milk supply. We're pleased that so many have found our Lactation Tea to be the perfect option for them.
With ingredients such as loose leaf rosehip, apple, aniseed, fennel, raspberry leaves, marigold, verbena, sunflower, peppermint, marshmallow, berries and pineapple, this naturally sweet and beneficial tea is 100% natural, gluten, wheat, dairy and preservative free and can be enjoyed hot or cold to help increase milk supply or as a sweet, nurturing drink for anyone who enjoys herbal tea.
Source: Coeliac Australia (www.coeliac.org.au)